Why Great Lengths?
The style you’ve always dreamed of, the confidence in knowing you look sensational, the ultimate statement of glamour and sophistication. Welcome to Great Lengths, the leader in premium hair extensions enjoyed by the world’s most stylish women. We only use the finest 100% human hair of guaranteed origin and ethicality. Great Lengths have been making dreams reality for women like you for over 20 years. Our hair is quite literally the best in the world. Using our patented systems, our specially formulated bonds attach to your own hair and: Are kind to your hair and scalp Are virtually undetectable by sight or touch Are comfortable to wear, style and sleep on Are long lasting Can be styled, curled or coloured to create the perfect look for any occasion Look and feel as natural as your own hair Can be removed with no damage to your own hair Enhance your natural beauty
The Hair Extensions Process and You
Once you’ve located a convenient Great Lengths salon your stylist will:
- Carry out a detailed consultation with you. This session will help you explore the multitude of styles, lengths, volumes and colours available, determine the creative look you would like to achieve, select the most suitable application process and decide the amount and type of hair required.
- You will be asked some personal questions to assess your lifestyle and suitability to extensions. This will answer any questions you may have and help your stylist create your dream hair.
- The salon will order your hair via the Great Lengths head office unless they already have it in stock. The Salon will then book and appointment for the application of your extensions.
- Apply your extensions and create the hair look you have always dreamed of. After which they will provide you with thorough aftercare advice to help you care for, style, protect and prolong the life of your extensions.
- Set up a maintenance appointment approximately 2-4 weeks after application to ensure you are happy with your extensions and to answer any queries you may have.
- Recommend booking regular check-ups to help keep your style looking its best.
To be able to evaluate your suitability for extensions and your desired look we need to offer you a full consultation. In the consultation we will discuss in depth the full process, maintenance, answer your questions and give you an accurate quotation based on your desired look. To book your free no obligation consultation please call 01639 641911 Prices depend on the length, colour and quantity you require but to give you a guide:
Fashion Effects from £82.50
High/Lowlights from £165.00
½ Head from £330.00
Full Head from £577.50
FAQs | Great Lengths
- Are hair extensions expensive?
Your salon will offer you full consultation to discuss your requirements. Only then will they be able to give you a price for your new look and of course, this can be tailored to suit your budget. Great Lengths hair extensions can last up to five months with the correct maintenance and aftercare
- Are Great Lengths 100% human hair extensions suitable for everyone?
Hair extensions are a cosmetic procedure and they should be applied to healthy hair. Hair must be at least 5 – 8cms in length to provide comfortable attachments. There are some medical conditions that may make a minority of clients unsuitable for extensions, which is why Great Lengths certified salons offer a free, no obligation consultation. At this stage the client’s suitability can be ascertained and the salon can be confident they can produce a high quality result.
- Are human hair extensions better, and why?
Great Lengths only uses 100% human hair because it behaves like your own hair. Human hair extensions are recommended because they create a more natural look and effect.
This means extensions can be styled using heated tools and straighteners, as well as professionally coloured and permed. They are also suitable for most lifestyle activities. So there really are no limits to what you can do when wearing Great Lengths extensions.
- Will hair extensions damage my hair?
No. If hair extensions are applied by a Great Lengths certified stylist and they are properly maintained by you, they should not damage your hair. Our hair is 100% natural and the bond has been formulated using a special blend of polymers that replicate the molecular structure of keratin. Keratin is a protein from which natural hair is made so if your extensions are maintained in the recommended way, no problems should occur.
- How long will my Great Lengths extensions last?
By following our simple extensions maintenance programme and aftercare tips, Great Lengths can last up to five months. Using Great Lengths aftercare products will also prolong the life of extensions as they are designed to protect the hair and the bond.
- How should I look after my hair extensions when they’re in?
Simply follow the guidelines set out on your consultation form, the advice explained to you in detail by your stylist and take a look at our expert aftercare tips. You should also be invited by your stylist to a free maintenance check after approximately 3-4 weeks
- Where can I find a salon that offers Great Lengths extensions?
Pop your postcode into our salon locator and we’ll find the nearest salon to you
- There have been some stories in the media about the unethical practices of some hair extension manufacturers. Should I be concerned about Great Lengths?
Absolutely not. Great Lengths prides itself on being 100% ethical and100% traceable hair. We would recommend anyone interested in hair extensions to research where the hair has come from. Our hair is sourced from Indian temples and because we are the only extension company to process our own hair, we can confidently guarantee the traceability of every strand. Please take the time to read our ‘about us ‘story.
- There have been some stories in the media about hair damage caused from hair extensions. Should I be concerned about Great Lengths?
At Great Lengths we are passionate about training, so all our extensionists are certified by Great Lengths in the correct application and removal of our hair extensions and in the conduct of consultations with each client to determine their suitability. Ask your extensionist to see their certification.
- How long does it take for hair extensions to be applied?
This depends on how many extensions you are having and the application system being used. But expect it to be anywhere between one and three hours. Your stylist will be able to discuss this with you further at your consultation.
- Are hair extensions difficult to style?
Because Great Lengths extensions are 100% human hair, they can be treated in just the same way as your own hair –straightened, curled, permed and even coloured. However, we do recommend using the Great Lengths styling range of products to help keep your hair in tip top condition.
- Do I have to get a full head of hair extensions?
You can have as many or as few extensions as you need to achieve the look you want – even a few simple strands can make a huge difference for either a splash of colour or a little volume. The possibilities are endless.
- How are the extensions removed?
You will need to revisit your salon, where the stylist will use a specially formulated Great Lengths removal gel. When applied this gel gently breaks down the bond and with the removal tool, the extensionist is able to slide the bond down your own hair with no damage
- What will my hair be like when I remove the extensions?
Once you have had your extensions removed, your hair needs to be washed and conditioned with the Great Lengths products to clean away any residue from the removal gel. Your hair will be completely undamaged by the extensions and look a little longer than you remember.